The State of Zero Trust Security 2023
86% of Enterprise feel unsecured access to private applications by third parties partners/ contractors are one of the top security concerns they want to address with Zero Trust solution
The concept of Zero Trust security has gained a lot of attention in recent years as a modern security approach. The adoption of Zero Trust Security has increased over the last few years. One of the main reasons for the growing popularity of Zero Trust security is the rise in cyber threats. Traditional security models that rely on network perimeter defenses such as firewalls and antivirus software are no longer sufficient to protect against today's advanced threats. Zero Trust security, on the other hand, takes a more comprehensive approach to security that focuses on protecting assets and data regardless of their location.
This survey report provides an overview of the current state of Zero Trust security and the challenges and benefits of implementing this model.
Some of the Key Takeaways of the report include:
- 63% of enterprises have started adopting the Zero Trust model security in some form starting with a few use cases.
- Unsecured access to private applications by third-party contractors and internet-based attacks remains key security concerns behind the adoption of Zero Trust security.
- MFA and Device Binding are some of the top security features of Zero Trust that enterprises are actively looking for.
- Enhanced security and better user experience are the key benefits of Zero Trust that enterprises are seeking.
- Security concerns and latency issues with legacy VPN are the key reasons that enterprises are looking out for a secure VPN alternative solution with Zero Trust.
- 75% of respondents are quite confident of the Zero Trust solution that it can significantly reduce security incidents.
- 72% of enterprises are currently using both VPN and Zero Trust solutions and actively looking to move 100% to Zero Trust.
With a distributed workforce, cloud transformation, and the rise of cyber attacks, enterprises are actively looking for Zero Trust solutions with enhanced security and better user experience. In contrast to the Pre-Covid days, enterprises currently very well understand the importance of Zero Trust security and the benefits it can offer to reduce security risks.
“We are pleased to release the 2023 edition of The State of Zero Trust Security. With the rising cybersecurity threats, Zero Trust security has become one of the top cybersecurity initiatives for the majority of CISOs. The perception and understanding of Zero Trust security have changed post-pandemic, and the majority of enterprises now understand the importance and benefits of Zero Trust security over traditional perimeter-based security. In the next 3 to 5 years, the adoption of Zero Trust is going to accelerate and more than 80% of enterprises will adopt Zero Trust in some form.” - Sandip Panda, CEO, InstaSafe